Security Management Office Support
TechWerks LLC (TechWerks) is a rapidly growing company that has been supporting the VA and DOD for over 11 years. With over 200 employees and annual revenue of 15 million, TechWerks is a proven company with a highly respected leadership team consisting of career military veterans dedicated and committed to supporting the military and veteran communities. TechWerks specializes in healthcare information technology, training, analytics, and clinical research.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and control assigned programs to protect information, personnel, property, and/or material from unauthorized disclosure, theft, assault, or sabotage
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure the proper handling of classified information. Under the direction of the Security Management Officer, perform security violation investigations and conduct periodic/annual physical security surveys/inspections to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; initiate actions to correct deficiencies when required
- Coordinate with local federal law enforcement agencies as appropriate
- Initiate or renew background investigations utilizing automated investigation programs such as E-QIP and PSIP. Coordinate with external agencies (i.e., OPM, Defense Investigative Service (DIS), Defense Information System for Security) relative to the conduct of background investigations
- Capture and transmit recorded fingerprints. Send and receive visit notifications via DISS. Verify personnel granted access to classified information have the requisite level of security clearance and approval.
- Plan, organize, and conduct training programs to acquaint and instruct personnel in physical security matters and to alert them to dangers of espionage, sabotage, fraud, and theft
- Conduct initial and annual security refresher trainings
Requirements and Certifications:
- Secret Clearance Required
- Must be Ordinary Resident (OR)
- Complete Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification training and obtain the Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) within the first two years of assignment